Sunday, October 11, 2009

Blogging Around

Alex made a post about American presence in Afghanistan and how it related to the Russian presence in Kite Runner.

I too am glad you brought up afghanistan. I think it is all we can do to hope that our hegemony does not affect others in the same way that the Russians' did in Kite Runner. This issue become ever more pressing with the new reports and the question of whether or not to increase our military presence in this area. Good post, and good job.

Connor posted about the struggle between an author and his characters.  

I agree with you Connor. I had not really thought about creating a story out of a disagreement between a character and the author. It adds a whole new layer of depth to the story when the author can force-feed his characters what they need.

I too started thinking of other books that this occurred in. It is odd how in most books I like, the main character or characters are forced out of the "normal" status quo. For most of the story, they long to get back to where they started; although in most stories it's about a literal return, not an emotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Send Email